Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 ripe banana
3/4th cup milk
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4th cup sugar
1/4th teaspoon baking powder
3-4 drops vanilla essence
Ghee/butter for greasing
Steps to cook:
1. Make a mixture of banana, milk and sugar in a grinder.
2. Pour it into a mixing bowl.
3. Add wheat flour into this mixture, spoon by spoon and mix vigorously.
4. Ensure no lumps are formed in the paste. Continue to mix till you achieve dropping consistency.
5. Add baking powder and vanilla essence to the paste.
6. Heat a heavy griddle or frying pan which is greased with a little butter/ ghee.
7. The pan is hot enough when a drop of water breaks into several smaller balls which ‘dance’ around the pan.
8. Pour a small amount of batter (approximately 1/4th cup) into the pan and tip to spread out or spread with a spoon.
9. When bubbles appear on the surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.
Extra Tip: Serve the pancake with honey and some marmalade.
Note: If your little one wants to get involved, you can ask them to bring you the ingredients and help measure them. You can also hand over the whisking duties to them for a while. Another option is to give them a small amount of batter to whisk in a separate bowl.