Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Potatoes -4, medium sized
Grated carrot – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped onions – 1/4 cup (optional)
Oats (100 grams) – soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Steps to cook:
1. Boil and mash the potatoes.
2. Mix the mashed potatoes with the presoaked oats, add sauteed mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric powder, grated carrot, onions and salt to taste.
3. Mix well to make a smooth dough.
4. Make small tikkis in different shapes using biscuit cutters.
5. Shallow fry on a non-stick tava.
6. Serve hot with any chutney or tomato ketchup.
Extra Tip: You can also serve these yummy tikkis in burgers by adding iceberg lettuce leaves, onion rings, cucumber and tomato slices, along with a cheese slice.