Thank you for visiting a Site owned and operated by Sesame Workshop in India. Through Sesame Street India Exchange, Sesame Workshop in India aims to create an avenue wherein parents will be familiarized with the need for Early Childhood Education & Care in our country. This platform will also introduce a variety of methods and concepts to individuals to help them understand and overcome various parenting concerns. Through this platform parents are also welcome to discuss their own personal experiences, share opinions and stories on topics related to parenting and their children.
1. You are free to choose whether or not to engage in any activity on our Site that involves your submission of personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly.
2. When we ask you to submit personal information, we will explain in the sign-up or collection process how we will use the information (such as requesting an email address when you sign up for a newsletter or before commenting or communicating with you regarding a new update or event). We will use the information only as we have stated, other than in Special Circumstances which are described below (such as in relation to law enforcement or a business transfer).
3. We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected from your device, such as a computer’s Internet Protocol address, a mobile device identifier, operating system, or general location such as zip code, to support internal operations so that we can understand and monitor the usage of our Site and improve the performance of the Site.
4. There is no behavioral advertising on our Site which means that you will not see any advertising that is targeted to you based on your combined activity on our Site and your activity on other sites and apps.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected to support the internal operations of the. Some of this information is collected through third-party analytics tools. Internal operations include the following:
• To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
• To understand which activities and services are most popular;
• To understand the pages where visitors enter our Sites and the pages viewed;
• To reduce the repetition in the promotional messages that users see on our Site;
• To understand generally the location of our users (e.g., zip code information);
• To recognize the browsers used to visit our Sites, so that the content is adapted for the relevant browser; and
• To diagnose and fix technology problems.
We aim to promote the website as a positive space and thus, welcome and encourage content submission from individuals including any ideas, comments, articles or suggestions that reflect their experiences and opinions on parenting, raising children and their families.
You are encouraged to submit content along the following lines:
– Interesting and useful parenting items that you find
– Personal experiences
– Case studies and research
– Parent Activity Material
– Articles/Video Content on Parenting and Early Childhood Education and Care
– Blog-posts on parenting and raising children
Guidelines for submission-
We embrace diversity and expression however SSIE declines to include articles, blogs and comments with unacceptable content. SSIE defines “unacceptable content” as content that:
– Is used to abuse, harass, stalk or threaten a person(s).
– Is defamatory and knowingly false or misrepresents another person.
– Promotes your product or business.
– Infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party. (If you quote or excerpt someone’s content, it is your responsibility to provide proper attribution to the original author).
– Violates any obligation of confidentiality.
– Violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party.
– Contains undisclosed editorial content that has been commissioned and paid for by a third party, and/or contains undisclosed paid advertising links and/or spam. Every opinion expressed must be the true opinion of the author
Please keep in mind that comments on our articles and blog-posts not following the above rules will be deleted and removed by our moderator.
Where appropriate, make sure the written content reflects diversity in terms of:
– Culture (from different regions, religions, speak different languages)
– Ethnicity (different skin color)
– Gender (equal representation of both)
– Geography (representation of different regions/landscape)
– Age (children of different ages)
– Disabilities (child on a wheelchair or with a hearing aid)
– Physical appearance (e.g. glasses, body structure/type, length of hair etc.)
We encourage you to submit articles/blogs that are personal experiences only. The ones that preach or offer unsolicited advice will not be published.
We may make any additions or deletions to any submitted content piece, including with limitation, for accuracy, clarity, fact, corrections, copy editing, combining content, extracting from submitted content pieces, and adding links or additional content.
You agree and understand that the SSIE website is not obligated to use any piece of content you submit to it and you have no right to compel such use. We reserve the right to edit any piece of submitted content (our sole discretion) and the right to remove any submitted piece of content at our own discretion, and for any reason.
Ownership of Content
You own the rights to the content you post on the SSIE website. We don’t claim ownership over any of it. However, by posting or transferring content to SSIE, you give us permission to use your content solely to do the things we need to do to provide SSIE’s readers with content, including, without limitation, storing, displaying, reproducing, and distributing your content. This may include promoting your content with partner companies or services for broader broadcast, distribution, or publication.
If you have been commissioned by SSIE to research and write an article/blog-post then the content of the article/blog-post is exclusively owned by us.
Please provide full links to external website or references you may use in your article. Please note that any reference to a broken link will be removed in line with this policy.
All images submitted by you to accompany your article are published on the understanding they are not subject to copyright and are royalty free. Please credit the source when you submit the image along with the article.
Please submit your proposed post/article to: email@example.com
The editorial team will schedule the submitted article as per the editorial publishing schedule if it adheres to this policy.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All members may review, or update the information provided in their registration or enhanced personal profiles by accessing their account. They have the ability to delete replies they have made in discussions.
Sesame Street India Exchange also reserves the right to delete user’s access if violation continues. They also have the ability to terminate their membership of the site. Their registration information, enhanced personal profiles, journal entries and replies in discussion groups are all deleted on membership termination. All other information including but not limited to comments they made in the journals of other Members or former Members, reviews of products and service providers, any ratings they made on the Site will all continue to remain on the site but will no longer be identifiable as belonging to an individual unless the Member added personally identifiable information in the body of the content.
Where sesamestreetindia.org terminates a Member’s registration, for violation of the Terms of Services, we may keep their email addresses on record to prevent them from becoming a Member again. sesamestreetindia.org may also make archives of the Site and all the content, logs, and any other server information, in the normal course of business. Any changes made by Members to their profiles or termination of their membership will not be reflected in the archives, which are snapshots in time.
Law Enforcement and Safety. We may access, preserve and share your information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: (i) respond to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) or otherwise to take action because we believe it is required or advisable under the law; (ii) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; (iii) respond to your requests for customer service; or (iv) limit our legal liability or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, any user of our Site, a third party or the general public including as part of investigations.
Security Notice. We will endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive information collected on the Site. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
In some areas of the Site, you may establish access through a username and a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your password. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent you have given us your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe or guarantee that information on a Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Our Site maintains technical and organizational steps to keep information collected secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers and use of electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Site may link to other websites or apps, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours (“Third Party Sites”). We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them.
Involvement in your family’s online lives is one of the most important safety tools available. In addition, we encourage you to educate yourself and your child on privacy concerns. We recommend, as a starting point, the following guide published on http://www.cyberlawsindia.net/
SESAME WORKSHOP IN INDIA INFORMATION
The Site is operated by Sesame Workshop in India, located at 153, 1st Floor, Okhla Phase-III, Modi Mill Compound, New Delhi-110020. Please contact us if you have any questions about us or our service providers.
Effective date: February 2nd, 2016